How to know which games my computer can run
Today's computer games are more demanding than ever, and the selection of titles is the largest it has ever been. Consequently, it can be difficult to know which of them your computer is capable of running. There are a few methods for obtaining this information; our two favorites are listed below.
Use a hardware detection tool
- Open the Can You RUN It website.
- On the front page, search for the game you're interested in (1), and then click the blue Can You Run It button (2).
The menu on the left side of the screen allows you to choose from popular titles by clicking them.
- Near the center of the screen, off to the left, click the button.
- Once the program downloads, you can run it by clicking the button at the bottom of your browser window.
- Or, if you're using the Firefox web browser, you can click the Downloads icon , then click Detection.exe to run the program.
- System Requirements Lab will run a scan of your hardware, and then report whether or not your system meets the minimum and recommended hardware requirements.
Look up system requirements
If you would prefer not to install third-party software, other options are available. First, we recommend that you look at your system's specifications. Then, you'll either need to visit to the game manufacturer's website, or a site that lists the requirements for many games, such as Game Debate.