How to install an app on an iPhone or iPad
Updated: 10/11/2021 by Computer Hope
Install an app on an iPhone or iPad
- Go to your home screen by pressing the home button (iPhone 8 or older) or swiping up from the bottom of the screen. (iPhone X or newer)
- Tap the blue App Store icon.
- Tap the Search option at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Type the name of an app into the search text field.
- Choose the app you want from the search results.
- For free apps, tap the Get button. If the app is not free, the Get button is replaced by the price of the app.
- If you are purchasing the app, follow the instructions to enter your payment info or use an iTunes gift card.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Sign In.
- Wait for the app to install.
- When complete, an Open button appears next to the app on the App Store page, and an app icon is placed on your phone's home screen.