How to join a live stream video on YouTube
YouTube Live is a place for creators to live stream themselves playing a game, giving instructions, or making something. YouTube Live is popular with the gaming community, and is a competitor of Twitch and other live streaming services.
There are a few ways to view a YouTube Live session. Please see below for instructions.
Subscribe to YouTube Live
Subscribing to YouTube Live gives you suggestions for creators that are live when you are on YouTube. You can choose from the live options for the streaming content you want to view.
A user you're subscribed to is live
When a user you're subscribed to goes live, it shows in your suggested videos on the home screen. If, for some reason, you can't see a live video in your suggested videos, and you know the user is live, search for them in the YouTube search. Click Live Now for the video, which takes you to the most current spot in the video.
Set a reminder for an upcoming live stream
When you are on the YouTube Live page, there is an option for Upcoming Live Streams. If you see one you're interested in, click Set Reminder below the video, and YouTube reminds you to watch it before the video starts.
- How to download YouTube video on a smartphone or tablet.
- How can I record sound from YouTube videos?
- How to upload a video to YouTube.
- How to repeat YouTube videos.
- How to download video from the Internet.
- How to download a song.
- How to compress a large video file.
- Full listing of YouTube tips.
- See the YouTube definition for further information and related links.
- YouTube help and support.