Amazon Prime is an extended monthly membership that unlocks additional features and services on an Amazon.com user's account.
Amazon Prime member benefits
Below is a list of all benefits an Amazon Prime member gets with their membership.
- Free two-day delivery on over 100 million Amazon items.
- Access to Amazon Prime Video originals and streaming movies and tv shows.
- Access to Prime music with over two million songs.
- Free monthly editors pick of digital books that are yours to keep, and access to thousands of Prime books and magazines.
- Access to Amazon Prime Day deals.
- Access to Twitch Prime that gives Twitch users exclusive loot, a free channel subscription, and other benefits.
- Access to Prime Photos to store an unlimited amount of full-resolution photos online.
- Discounts at Whole Foods.
Supplemental membership benefits
Amazon Prime members also have the following benefits they can take advantage of while being a member.
- Amazon Channels allow members to sign up for streaming services from HBO, Showtime, and Starz, and use these services through their Amazon accounts.
- Members can sign up for a full free year of GrubHub+ membership which includes unlimited free GrubHub delivery fees on orders over $12, free food, and other discounts.
How much does Amazon Prime cost?
Amazon Prime is available monthly for $12.99 or annually for $119.00. If you're a student, you can get Amazon Prime Student for $6.49 a month. Qualified people with EBT cards or Medicaid cards can also get Amazon Prime for $5.99 a month.
Is Amazon Prime worth the cost?
For members who frequently make purchases from Amazon, the free, fast shipping alone can justify the cost of Amazon Prime. If you do not buy from Amazon often, it may not be worth the cost unless you use one or more of the other services mentioned above.