Amazon Prime is an Amazon extended monthly membership that gives Amazon members additional features and services to their Amazon account.
Amazon Prime member benefits
Below is a list of all the benefits an Amazon Prime member gets with their membership.
- Free two-day delivery on over 100 million Amazon items.
- Access to Amazon Prime Video originals and access to movies and tv shows included with Prime.
- Access to Prime music with over two million songs.
- Free monthly editors pick of digital books that are yours to keep and access to thousands of Prime books and magazines.
- Access to Amazon Prime day deals.
- Access to Twitch Prime that gives Twitch users reduced advertising, exclusive loot, free channel subscription, and other benefits.
- Access to Prime Photos to store an unlimited amount of full-resolutions of photos online.
- Discounts at Whole Foods.
How much does Amazon Prime cost?
Amazon Prime can be done either monthly for $12.99 or annually for $119.00 a year. If you're a student, you can get Amazon Prime Student for $6.49 a month. Qualified people with EBT cards or Medicaid cards can also get Amazon Prime for $5.99 a month.
Is Amazon Prime worth the cost?
For Amazon members who frequently buy from Amazon, the free fast shipping alone can justify the cost of Amazon Prime. If you do not frequently buy from Amazon, it may not be worth the cost unless you frequently use one or more of their other services mentioned above.