Animation is the illusion of movement created by showing a series of still pictures in rapid succession. In the world of computers, graphics software used to create this effect. A simple animation may be as basic as an animated gif file like the image shown on this page. A more complex animation could be of a human or alien face in a computer software game or animation of a space battle in a movie.
Below is a listing of some of the more popular and widely used animation and 3D animation programs.
- Blender (Free) - https://www.blender.org/
- 3D Studio Max - https://www.autodesk.com/
- 3DPlus (Free) - http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
- Animation:Master - http://www.hash.com/
- LightWave 3D - https://www.newtek.com/
- Elastic Reality and Avid 3D - http://www.avid.com
- Maya - https://www.autodesk.com/products/maya
- Adobe Animate - http://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html
- Motion Capture - http://www.metamotion.com/
- Poser - http://poser.smithmicro.com/
- SOFTIMAGE - https://www.autodesk.com/products/softimage