An animation is the illusion of movement created by showing a series of still pictures in rapid succession. In the world of computers, graphic software used to create this effect. Simple animation may be as basic as an animated gif file like the image shown on this page. A more complex animation could be of a human or alien face in a computer software game or animation of a space battle in a movie.
Below is a listing of some of the more popular and widely used animation and 3D animation programs.
- Blender (Free) - https://www.blender.org/
- 3D Studio Max - https://www.autodesk.com/
- 3DPlus (Free) - http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
- Animation:Master - http://www.hash.com/
- LightWave 3D - https://www.newtek.com/
- Elastic Reality and Avid 3D - http://www.avid.com
- Maya - https://www.autodesk.com/products/maya
- Adobe Animate - http://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html
- Motion Capture - http://www.metamotion.com/
- Poser - http://poser.smithmicro.com/
- SOFTIMAGE - https://www.autodesk.com/products/softimage