Updated: 10/02/2017 by Computer Hope
Data processing is the process of gathering and manipulating data, and then summarizing it as something meaningful. It may also refer to the overall general operations carried out by a computer.
Various steps of data processing
- Validation – ensuring that supplied data is without error, accurate, and useful.
- Sorting – arranging items in different sets and sequences.
- Summarization – distilling detailed data to its main points.
- Aggregation – combining all of the different pieces of data.
- Analysis – the actual process of collecting, organizing, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting the data.
- Reporting – a summary of the processed information.
- Classification – separates data into various categories.