Updated: 05/03/2022 by Computer Hope
Drop may refer to any of the following:
1. Drop is an alternative word for discontinue. For example, Microsoft dropped support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014.
2. In general, drop refers to letting something go. For example, when drag-and-dropping a file on a computer, you are selecting the file, dragging it to an alternate location, and then letting it go.
3. Alternatively called moof, a drop describes when a user is disconnected for no apparent reason.
4. When using the term dropper, it may be an abbreviated way of referring to a malware dropper or an eyedropper.
5. In a game, a drop is any loot that a creature or player drops after being killed.
Cancel, Chat terms, Computer acronyms, Disconnect, Game terms, Kick