Updated: 10/02/2017 by Computer Hope
Founded on February 16, 1990 by John Gilmore, John Barlow, and Mitch Kapor. The EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) is a worldwide non-profit digital rights group headquartered in the United States. The EFF provides the following services.
- Funds for legal defense in court.
- Defends individuals and new technologies from what it considers baseless legal threats.
- Presents amici curiae briefs.
- Works to expose government malfeasance.
- Provides guidance to the government and courts.