Updated: 10/04/2017 by Computer Hope
First released in 2010, GhostBSD is an open-source BSD operating system based on FreeBSD. Unlike most BSD operating systems that require a high level of technical familiarity, GhostBSD is designed to be user-friendly, even for a beginner.
Features of GhostBSD
- MATE desktop environment.
- Integrated firewall.
- Compatibility with Linux binaries.
- Complete access to the FreeBSD software ports collection, and a custom package manager named pkgng.
- Pre-installed multimedia codecs.
- Automatic NIC configuration.
- User-friendly installation.