Google Analytics is a freemium service from Google that allows anyone with a website to monitor and create reports of their visitors.
Google Analytics features
- Dozens of charts that shows visitor information, top pages, and more.
- Can integrate with your search to find search terms are used on the site.
- Custom alerts and reports can be delivered to you or anyone who has access to your reports.
- Real-time statistics can show website traffic, including how many people are visiting, from where, and what pages are being viewed.
- Can be integrated with other Google products including AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Website Optimizer, and others.
Google Analytics history
Google Analytics originated from Google's acquisition of Urchin Software Corporation, and its web statistics analysis software Urchin, in April 2005. It was launched as Google Analytics on November 14, 2005.