Google Analytics is a freemium service from Google that allows anyone a website to monitor and create reports of their visitors.
Google Analytics features
- Dozens of charts that can show visitor information, top pages, and much more.
- Can integrate with your search to find search terms being used on the site.
- Custom alerts and reports that can be delivered to you or anyone who has access to your reports.
- Real-time statistics that can show how many people are visiting, from where, and what pages are being viewed.
- Can be integrated with other Google products including AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Website Optimizer, and others.
Google Analytics history
Google Analytics was created from Google's purchase of Urchin in April 2005, and was later launched on November 14, 2005.