A hard copy is any information that has been printed on paper. Hard copies allow data to be read without the need of a computer and are often required when someone needs to sign a document.
How is a hard copy produced by a computer?
How is a hard copy put back into a computer?
Why would someone need to make a hard copy?
- They are useful when a paper needs to be signed.
- They are needed for someone who doesn't have access to a computer or digital device.
- They are needed for reports that are to be turned in at school.
- They are needed when a print out for legal filing or taxes that requires a hard copy.
- They are needed for copies of receipts, proof of purchase, or completed service.
What's the difference between a hard copy and a soft copy?
A hard copy is physical, such as a tax form, printed document, or textbook. A soft copy is a digital version of these media that is kept on a storage device.