Updated: 07/20/2017 by Computer Hope
A visual alignment that goes left to right. For example, this text is horizontal across the screen. In the picture, the X-axis line is the horizontal line. The Y-axis is the vertical line and the Z-axis is the depth line in a 3D space.
Other horizontal examples
- A row in a spreadsheet is horizontal.
- A hyphen ( - ), en dash ( – ), and em dash ( — ) are all horizontal lines in the middle text.
- An underscore ( _ ) is a low horizontal line.
- An equal sign ( = ) is two horizontal lines above each other.
- English text is written left to right horizontally.