Hulu is a steaming video service. It was launched on March 12, 2008. It shows streaming video of current and past shows from ABC, Fox, and NBC, and its own original programming, for users in the United States.
Hulu offers several subscription plans for users to access their streaming content, starting at $5.99 per month.
Hulu streaming plans
The following streaming plans are available to prospective Hulu users.
- Hulu - The basic streaming plan, allowing users to view content from Hulu's library of streaming content. Streaming content includes ads.
- Hulu (No Ads) - Same streaming content as the basic Hulu plan, but with no ads.
- Hulu + Live TV - Provides access to the Hulu streaming library, plus over 65 channels of live and on-demand streaming content. The list of channels includes ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, TBS, TNT, USA, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Discovery Channel, History Channel, ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, and more. Streaming content includes ads.
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV - Same streaming content as the Hulu + Live TV plan, but with no ads.
Hulu add-on services
In addition to Hulu's streaming plans, additional add-ons are available with select streaming plans. Some of the add-ons are listed below.
- Premium movie channels - Access to streaming content from Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and STARZ. Available with any subscription plans, but streaming of live content only available with Live TV plans.
- Cloud DVR - Record shows from Live TV streaming channels. Only available with the Live TV streaming plans.
- Unlimited screens - View streaming content on as many devices as desired, including TVs, smartphones, and tablets. Only available with the Live TV streaming plans.