Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope
Kali Linux is free, and can be downloaded at kali.org/downloads.
Over 300 network and security tools come pre-installed on Kali Linux, including:
- nmap (port scanning).
- Automater (intrusion analysis).
- WireShark (packet sniffing and analysis).
- Armitage (GUI for cyberattack monitoring and management).
- John the Ripper, (password cracking).
- WifiTap (Wireless traffic injection).
- Powerfuzzer (tester for XSS and SQL injection vulnerabilities using random data).
A complete list of Kali's installed tools can be found at tools.kali.org/tools-listing.