A meter may refer to any of the following:
1. An international standard of length measurement, the meter or metre (European spelling) is equal to approximately 39.37 inches. The following list contains several examples of differently prefixed forms of the meter and their equivalents in another measurement.
- One meter is equal to 39.3700787-inches.
- One centimeter (cm, prefix of centi-) is equal to 0.01 meters or 0.393700787-inches.
- One kilometer (km, prefix of kilo-) is equal to 1000 meters or 0.621371192-miles.
- One millimeter (mm, prefix of milli-) is equal to one thousandth of a meter or 0.0393700787-inches.
- One nanometer (nm, prefix of nano-) is equal to 0.001-micrometers.
2. When writing in HTML, the <meter> tag is used to create a gauge with a certain range on a web page.