New may refer to any of the following:
1. In general, new is a term that describes anything created that did not exist before. For example, you can see our what's new page for a listing of new updates and pages created on Computer Hope. Below is a listing of some of our links on how to create something new on a computer.
- How to create a new file.
- How to install new software.
- How to create a new user in Windows.
- How to create a new directory or folder.
- How to create a new Windows shortcut.
- How to create a new document.
- How to create a new spreadsheet.
- How to create a new web page.
2. When describing a product, new is any product that has never been used by another person. For example, when you buy a new computer, it's a new computer. If the computer was used by another person, but returned to the company, the company can sell that computer again, but it must be sold as a used or refurbished computer and not a new computer. Below are links relating to a new computer.
- Should I upgrade or buy a new computer?
- How often should I buy a new computer?
- How to set up a new computer.
- How to install a new printer.
- How to add new computer hardware.
3. New describes the process of discovering or learning something that was not known before. For example, if you're new to computers, we have many resources that can help teach you how to use a computer. If you're an experienced computer user, you can read tips to learn new ways of doing something on a computer.
- How to use a computer.
- How can I learn more about computers?
- Top 10 new computer user tips.
- All computer tips.