New may refer to any of the following:
1. In general, new is a term that describes anything created that did not exist before. For example, you can see our what's new page for a listing of recent updates and pages created on Computer Hope.
Creating something new on a computer
The following list contains links to pages on our site on how to create something new on a computer.
In almost all programs using the Ctrl+N shortcut creates a new document or another file.
- How to create a new file.
- How to install new software.
- How to create a new user in Windows.
- How to create a new directory or folder.
- How to create a new Windows shortcut.
- How to create a new document.
- How to create a new spreadsheet.
- How to create a new web page.
New to the computer
New may also be used to describe a product that has never been used by another person. Products that have been returned to a company, such as a computer, are sold as used or refurbished.
- Should I upgrade or buy a new computer?
- How often should I buy a new computer?
- How to set up a new computer.
- How to install a new printer.
- How to add new computer hardware.
3. New describes the process of discovering or learning something that you did not know before. For example, if you're new to computers, we have many resources that can help teach you how to use them. Even if you're an experienced user, you can see our tips to learn new ways of doing something on a computer.
- How to use a computer.
- How can I learn more about computers?
- Top 10 new computer user tips.
- All computer tips.