Updated: 11/30/2020 by Computer Hope
A page may refer to any of the following:
1. In software programs, such as Microsoft Word, a page refers to a section of a document equal to one printed page of information.
2. When referring to computer memory, a page refers to a set amount of stored memory. See our paging definition for further information.
3. On the Internet, a page refers to a single web page. For example, you are now looking at a page on Computer Hope, a website on the Internet.
4. Pages is the name of the word processor in the iWork office suite.
5. With a keyboard, page may be used to describe the page up or page down keys. Pressing the PgUp scrolls the page up one page or moves to the top of the page if close enough to the top. Pressing the PgDn scrolls the page down one page or moves to the bottom of the page if close enough to the bottom.
Blank page, Memory terms, Page mode, Pagination, Word processor terms, World Wide Web