Problem Steps Recorder
Updated: 10/17/2017 by Computer Hope
The Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) was introduced with Windows 7 to record interactions with a program and provide relevant help information to reduce time spent troubleshooting. The picture below is an example of the Problem Steps Recorder.
How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?
- To run the Problem Steps Recorder, click Start and in the run line type "problem steps." Then click the "Record steps to reproduce the problem" link.
- Once in the Problem Steps Recorder, click the Start Record button and repeat the steps you performed to get the error originally.
- While running through the steps, you can make a note to describe what you're doing by clicking the Add Comment button and then selecting the area in question.
- Upon completion, click Stop Record button and you'll be prompted to save the file. Save the .zip file in a location you'll remember, such as your Desktop.
How do I view a Problem Steps Recorder file?
- Extract the .zip file.
- Open the folder and you should see an MHTML (.mht) file containing the steps that had been previously recorded.
- Double-click the file to go through the steps needed to duplicate the problem.