Updated: 05/02/2021 by Computer Hope
R may refer to any of the following:
1. R is an abbreviation for the R programming language.
2. R is a key used with the keyboard shortcuts Alt+R, Command+R, and Ctrl+R.
3. The letter "r" is also chat slang for "are." For example, "r u serious" in chat is short for "are you serious."
4. With an escape sequence and in regular expressions, \r is a carriage return.
5. With Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs, "R" is the eighteenth column of a spreadsheet. To reference the first cell in the column, you'd use "R1."
6. In the phonetic alphabet, "R" is often pronounced as "Romeo."
7. R is the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet. The letter "R" comes after "Q" and is followed by the letter "S." To create a capitalized "R" press the Shift and R key at the same time.
With U.S. QWERTY keyboards, the "R" key is on the top row, to the right of "E" and left of the "T" key. See our keyboard page for a visual example of all keyboard keys.
In ASCII the uppercase "R" is "082" in decimal (01010010 in binary). The lowercase "r" is "114" in decimal (01110010 in binary).
Chat terms, Computer abbreviations, Letter