First released in 2002, Scalix is a suite of groupware and e-mail software for Linux servers. It is compatible with many popular enterprise-level e-mail clients including Microsoft Outlook and Novell Evolution. It provides benefits for any organization that uses a combination of Microsoft Windows and Linux client computers.
- Complete integration with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Active Directory.
- E-mail service, facilitating enterprise-level e-mail needs for a large organization.
- Calendar service, allowing synchronized calendar access for all group members.
- ScalixConnect for Outlook, offering transparent support for Microsoft Outlook clients.
- Scalix Web Access, a cross-platform AJAX-based replacement for Outlook which can run either as a desktop app or inside a browser.
- Scalix ActiveSync, facilitating push e-mail, wireless calendar, and contact synchronization using the ActiveSync protocol.
- ScalixConnect for BlackBerry, allowing complete integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server to synchronize data with BlackBerry mobile devices.
- ScalixConnect for Evolution, providing e-mail and calendar client support for Linux users.
- Scalix Wireless Solution, providing advanced features for BlackBerry, Trio, and other smartphone users.
- Scalix Administration Console, an AJAX-based web client for IT administration.
- ScalixReady, facilitating and certifying the compatibility of third-party software integration.