A script may refer to any of the following:
Advantages of scripts
- Open source, allowing users to view and edit the script if needed.
- Does not require the file to be compiled, but may be when necessary.
- Easy to learn and write.
- Easy to port between different operating systems.
- Much faster to develop than an actual program - some individuals and companies write scripts as a prototype for actual programs.
Disadvantages of scripts
- Open source, allows others to view source code, which may be prohibited by some companies.
- Requires the user to install an interpreter or separate program before the script can be run.
- In some situations, they may be slower than a compiled program.
3. When referring to HTML, the <script> tag is used to designate a client-side script on a web page.