A system analyst is an individual who is responsible for the overall development and research of a business, department, or project. They are familiar with hardware, operating systems, programming, and software. The responsibilities of a system analyst may be any or all of the following.
- Configure and plan the computer systems and infrastructure for a business.
- Help during the system development process to create the overall design.
- Create and help write documentation and requirements.
- Perform system testing.
- Interact with the developers and understand any limitations or known issues of a program.
- Interact with the end users and gather requirements and requests.