System information may refer to any of the following:
1. A free tool included with Microsoft Windows that allows users to view information about the computer, its hardware, drivers, and software related data. The picture below is an example of the Windows System Information tool showing the System Summary for the computer.
How to open system information in Windows
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 10 users can open the system information tool by clicking the Start button or pressing the Windows key and then typing "msinfo32" or "system information" and press Enter.
- Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 users can open the system information tool by clicking Start and searching for "System Information".
- Microsoft Windows XP users can open the system information tool by clicking Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then system information.
2. On an Apple macOS computer, the System Information utility allows users to see information about the hardware in the computer, as well as USB connected devices. The macOS system information utility is similar to the Device Manager utility found in the Windows operating system.
How to open system information in macOS
- Access the Apple Menu, then navigate to About This Mac > More Info > System Report
- In macOS version 10.7 (Lion) or later, search for System Information in the Spotlight search box. In earlier versions, use the System Profiler.
3. Computer Hope also has an online tool known as System Information, which is used to display basic information about your computer, browser, and each of the installed browser plugins.