Thimble printer

Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope

A printer that uses a typing element known as thimble, which contains a full set of alphanumeric characters that are pressed through an ink ribbon onto the paper. A thimble printer acts much like many typewriters do. These printers were popular before inkjet and laser computer printers became popular; however, they are no longer used by computer users today.

Printing terms