Updated: 05/02/2021 by Computer Hope
V may refer to any of the following:
1. V is a key used with the keyboard shortcuts Alt+V, Command+V, and Ctrl+V.
2. With a regular expression, \v matches a vertical tab.
3. With Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs, "V" is the twenty-second column of a spreadsheet. To reference the first cell in the column, you'd use "V1."
4. In the phonetic alphabet, "V" is often pronounced as "Victor."
5. V is the twenty-second letter of the English alphabet. The letter "V" comes after "U" and is followed by the letter "W." To create a capitalized "V" press the Shift key and V at the same time.
On a U.S. QWERTY keyboard, the "V" key is on the bottom row, to the right of "C" and left of the "B" key. See our keyboard page for a visual example of all keyboard keys.
In ASCII the uppercase "V" is "086" in decimal (01010110 in binary). The lowercase "v" is "118" in decimal (01110110 in binary).