Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope

A wand may refer to any of the following:

1. A wand is a term used to describe a hardware device the size of a large writing pen (stylus). It is used to scan an object, such as a barcode, into a computer or other electronic devices.

2. A wand is a tool similar to a writing pen that is used to draw on a graphics tablet.

3. A wand is the name of the autocomplete tool and manager for names, passwords, and commonly used form fields in the Opera browser. This feature can be accessed in Opera by clicking Tools, Preferences, and clicking the Wand tab.