Updated: 03/06/2020 by Computer Hope
Name: Adele Goldberg
Born: July 22, 1945, in Cleveland, Ohio
- Computer scientist who participated in the development of the programming language Smalltalk-80 and various concepts related to object oriented programming.
- Many of the concepts she and her team developed became the basis for GUIs (graphical user interfaces), augmenting the earlier command line interfaces.
- Smalltalk-80: The Language and Its Implementation (with David Robson) (1983).
- Smalltalk-80: The Interactive Programming Environment (1984).
- Smalltalk-80: The Language (with David Robson) (1989).
Honors and awards
- Fellow, ACM (1994).
- PC Magazine's Lifetime Achievement Award (1990).
- ACM Software Systems Award (1987).