Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Adele Goldberg
Born: July 7, 1945, in Cleveland, Ohio
- Computer scientist who participated in the development of the programming language Smalltalk-80 and various concepts related to object oriented programming.
- Many of the concepts she and her team developed became the basis for graphically based user interfaces, replacing the earlier command line based systems.
- Smalltalk-80: The Language and Its Implementation (with David Robson).
- Smalltalk-80: The Language (with David Robson).
Honors and awards
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (1994).
- PC Magazine's Lifetime Achievement Award (1990).
- ACM Software Systems Award (1987).