Name: Albert Arnold "Al" Gore, Jr.
Born: March 31, 1948, in Washington, D.C., USA
- American politician, advocate, author, philanthropist and environmental activist.
- Vice President of the United States under President Bill Clinton (1993-2001).
- Founder and current chair of the Alliance for Climate Protection.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Apple Inc., and a senior adviser to Google.
- The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change (2013).
- The Assault on Reason (2012).
- Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis (2009).
- American Earth: Environmental Writing Since Thoreau (2008).
- AN Inconvenient Truth: The Crisis of Global Warming (2007).
Honors and awards
- Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album (2009).
- Nobel Peace Prize recipient for his work in climate change activism (2007).
- Primetime Emmy Award for Current TV (2007).
- Runner-up for Time 's Person of the Year (2007).
- Subject of an Oscar-winning documentary, An Inconvenient Truth (2006).
- Webby Award (2005).
"As human beings, we are vulnerable to confusing the unprecedented with the improbable. In our everyday experience, if something has never happened before, we are generally safe in assuming it is not going to happen in the future, but the exceptions can kill you and climate change is one of those exceptions."