Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Alain Colmerauer
Born: January 24, 1941, in Carcassonne, France
- French computer scientist.
- Created Q-Systems, one of the earliest linguistic formalisms used in the development of the TAUM-METEO machine translation prototype.
- Creator of the logic programming language Prolog.
- One of the main founders of the field of Constraint logic programming.
- Constraint Logic Programming: Selected Research (2008).
- Foundations of Prolog II.
Honors and awards
- ACP Research Excellence Award (1991).
- Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (1991).
- Made Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur by the French government (1986).
- Michel Monpetit Award (1985).
- Conseil Regional of Provence, Alpes, and Côte d'Azur Award (1984).
- Apple France Award for the Prolog II implementation (1982).