Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Alain Colmerauer
Born: January 24, 1941 in Carcassonne, France
Computer related contributions
- French computer scientist.
- Created Q-Systems, one of the earliest linguistic formalisms used in the development of the TAUM-METEO machine translation prototype.
- Creator of the logic programming language Prolog.
- One of the main founders of the field of Constraint logic programming.
- Constraint Logic Programming: Selected Research (2008)
- Foundations of Prolog II
Honors and awards
- ACP Research Excellence Award (1991)
- Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (1991)
- Made Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur by the French government (1986)
- Michel Monpetit Award (1985)
- Conseil Regional of Provence, Alpes, and Côte d'Azur Award (1984)
- Apple France Award for the Prolog II implementation (1982)