Name: Albert Einstein
Born: March 14, 1879, in Ulm, Kingdom of Württemberg, German Empire
Death: April 18, 1955 (Age: 76)
- German-born theoretical physicist.
- Known for: General relativity, Special relativity, Photoelectric effect, Theory of Brownian Motion, Einstein field equations, Bose-Einstein statistics, Unified Field Theory, and EPR paradox.
- On Science and Religion (1940).
- Why Socialism? (1949).
- On the Generalized Theory of Gravitation (1950).
Honors and awards
- Time Person of the Century (1999).
- Max Planck Medal (1929).
- Copley Medal (1925).
- Matteucci Medal (1921).
- Nobel Prize in Physics (1921).
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for while knowledge defines everything we know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
"Within every difficulty lies opportunity."
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
"Today's problems cannot be solved if we still think the way we thought when we created them."
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."