Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Allen B. DuMont
Born: January 29, 1901 in Brooklyn, New York, USA
Death: November 14, 1965 (Age: 64)
Computer related contributions
- American scientist, businessman, and inventor best known for improvements to the cathode ray tube in 1931 for use in television receivers.
- In 1938 he manufactured and sold the first commercially practical television set to the public.
- His Model 180 television receiver was the first all-Electronic television set ever sold.
- In 1946, he founded the first television network to be licensed, the DuMont Television Network.
- Westinghouse Award (1924)
- Youngest American to obtain a first class commercial radio operator's license at age 14 (1915)