Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Allen Newell
Born: March 19, 1927, in San Francisco, California, USA
Death: July 19, 1992 (Age: 65)
- Was a researcher in computer science and cognitive psychology.
- He contributed to the Information Processing Language (1956) and two of the earliest AI programs, the Logic Theory Machine (1956) and the General Problem Solver (1957) (with Herbert Simon).
- Known for Information Processing Language Soar.
Honors and awards
- A.M. Turing Award (1975).
- National Medal of Science( 1992).
- Louis E. Levy Medal (1992).