Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Andrei Petrovich Ershov
Born: April 19, 1931 in Moscow
Death: December 8, 1988 (Age: 57)
Computer related contributions
- One of the early Soviet pioneers in the field of theoretical and systems programming, a founder of the Siberian School of Computer Science.
- Developed ALPHA, an optimizing compiler for an Algol-like language; BETA, a huge multi-language environment; AIST-O, a multi access operating system; and MRAMOR, a desktop publishing system for Pravda.
- Programming Programme for the BESM Computer
Honors and awards
- The first programmer to receive the Academician A.N.Krylov Prize
- Honoured with an Order of the Red Banner three times (1967, 1975, and 1988)