Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Andrew (Andy) Stephen Grove
Born: September 2, 1936, in Budapest, Hungary
Death: March 21, 2016 (Age: 79)
- Hungarian-born Jewish-American businessman, engineer, author, and a science pioneer in the semiconductor industry.
- Former CEO of Intel Corporation and a pioneering figure in transforming the company into a giant. During his tenure as CEO, Grove oversaw an increase in Intel's stock value by 2,400%, making it one of the world's most valuable companies.
- He has been called the "guy who drove the growth phase" of Silicon Valley.
- Grove played a key role in negotiating with IBM to use only Intel microprocessors in all their new personal computers.
- Physics and Technology of Semiconductor Devices.
- Strategy Is Destiny: How Strategy-Making Shapes a Company's Future.
- Strategic Dynamics: Concepts and Cases.
Honors and awards
- Time Man of the Year (1997).
- CEO of the Year, CEO magazine, (1997).
"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive."
"City College is the American Dream Machine."