Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Andrew Ng
Born: 1976 in United Kingdom
- Associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Stanford University.
- Director of the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab.
- Co-founded Coursera (an online education platform).
- Helped develop ROS, a widely used open-source robotics software platform.
- Founded the Google Brain project at Google (2011).
- Convolutional-Recursive Deep Learning for 3D Object Classification (2012).
- Semantic Compositionality through Recursive Matrix-Vector Spaces (2012).
- Improving Word Representations via Global Context and Multiple Word Prototypes (2012).
- Author or co-author of over 100 published papers in machine learning, robotics, and related fields.
Honors and awards
- Named to the MIT Technology Review TR35 as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under the age of 35 (2008).
- Awarded Sloan Fellowship (2007).
- Recipient of the Computers and Thought Award.