Name: Arianna Huffington
Born: July 15, 1950, in Athens, Greece
- Greek-American author and syndicated columnist.
- Co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post.
- Ran as an independent candidate for Governor in the California recall election (2003).
- Thrive (2014).
- Third World America: How Our Politicians Are Abandoning the Middle Class and Betraying the American Dream (2010).
- Pigs at the Trough: How Corporate Greed and Political Corruption Are Undermining America (2009).
- Right is Wrong (2008).
- The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging (2008).
- On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work, and Life (2006).
- The Fourth Instinct: The Call of the Soul (2003).
- The Gods of Greece (1993).
- Picasso: Creator and Destroyer (1989).
- Maria Callas – The Woman Behind the Legend (1981).
- The Female Woman (1973).
Honors and awards
- Ranked 52nd most powerful woman in the world by Forbes (2014).
- Listed as number 12 in Forbes first-ever list of the Most Influential Women In Media (2009).
- Nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Variety or Music Program (1997).
"The middle class is teetering on the brink of collapse just as surely as AIG was in the fall of 2009 - only this time, it's not just one giant insurance company (and its banking counterparties) facing disaster, it's tens of millions of hardworking Americans who played by the rules."