Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Barry W. Boehm
- American software engineer known for his many contributions to software engineering.
- Was TRW Emeritus Professor of Software Engineering at the Computer Science Department of the University of Southern California.
- Characteristics of Software Quality. With J.R. Brown, H. Kaspar, M. Lipow, G. McLeod, and M. Merritt, North Holland. (1978).
- Software Engineering Economics. Englewood Cliffs, NJ : Prentice-Hall (1981).
- Software Risk Management. IEEE Computer Society Press. (1989).
- Ada and Beyond: Software Policies for the Department of Defense. National Academy Press. (1996).
- Software engineering: Barry Boehm's lifetime contributions to software development, management, and research. Ed. by Richard Selby. Wiley/IEEE press (2007).
Honors and awards
- Office of the Secretary of Defense Award for Excellence (1992).
- ASQC Lifetime Achievement Award (1994).
- ACM Distinguished Research Award in Software Engineering (1997).
- IEEE International Stevens Award.