Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Bashir Iskandarovich Rameyev
Born: May 1, 1918 in Russia
Death: May 16, 1994 (Age: 76)
Computer related contributions
- Soviet inventor and scientist, one of the founders of Soviet computing, author of 23 patents, including the first officially registered in the USSR patent in the field of electronic computers.
- Designed the first serially manufactured Soviet mainframe "Strela".
- Notably, one of "Strelas" was used to calculate "Sputnik" orbit trajectory.
- Designed and oversaw the manufacturing of 14 different computers including: the multi-purpose "Ural" computer series.
- One of the first to work with storing programs in computer memory, utilizing external devices, using binary code and deploying electronic circuits and semiconductor diodes.
Honors and awards
- Stalin Prize of 1st degree, for the development of "Strela"