Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Bill Kendrick
- American software developer and designer.
- Known for creating and maintaining Tux Paint, an open source bitmap graphics editor for children.
- Co-founder of the Linux Users' Group of Davis in Davis, California.
- Founder of SuperTux, Tux, of Math Command and Circus Linux! game projects.
- Chief Technical Officer at #Smashwords.
Honors and awards
- MacBreak Weekly "Pick of the Week" for "Tux Paint" (2007).
- SoftGo 5/5 rating for "Tux Paint" (2007).
- Softpedia "Excellent" editors review and "5/5 Pick" award for "Tux Paint" (2006).
- GameSpot 7.7/10 rating for "Word Nerd" game (2005).
- 3rd place award in SDL Game Programming Contest for "Vectoroids" game (2002).