Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Carolyn P. Meinel
- American hacker and author.
- Participated in the hacking scene during the 1990's.
- She specialized in the style known as script-kiddie hacking.
- Co-founded the L5 Society, which later became the National Space Society.
- One of the targets of a high-profile e-mail bomber known as "Unamailer" or "johnny xchaotic" (1996).
- Hacking for Dummies (2014).
- GUIDE TO (mostly) HARMLESS HACKING (Beginners' Series Book 1) (2014).
- Uberhacker II: More Ways to Break into a Computer (2003).
- The Happy Hacker (2002).
- Uberhacker: How to Break into Computers (2000).
"The insider threat from careless or complacent employees & contractors exceeds the threat from malicious insiders (though the latter is not negligible)."