Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Cleve Moler
Born: August 17, 1939
- American computer programmer and mathematician.
- Inventor of MATLAB, a numerical computing package.
- Chairman and chief scientist at MathWorks.
- Specialist in numerical analysis.
- One of the authors of LINPACK and EISPACK, Fortran libraries for numerical computing in the 1970's.
- Numerical Computing with MATLAB (2008).
- Experiments in Computational Matrix Algebra (1988).
- Computer methods for mathematical computations (1977).
Honors and awards
- Recipient of the IEEE John von Neumann Medal (2014).
- Named recipient of the Computer Pioneer Award by the IEEE Computer Society (2012).
- Appointed Honorary Doctor at the Technical University of Denmark (2012).
- Elected to the National Academy of Engineering (1997).