Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Corrado Böhm
Born: 1923 in Milan, Italy
Computer related contributions
- Professor Emeritus at the University of Rome "La Sapienza". Computer scientist known for his contributions to the theory of structured programming, constructive mathematics, lambda-calculus, combinatory logic,and the semantics and implementation of functional programming languages.
- Introduced P′′, the first imperative language without GOTO to be proved Turing-complete.
- Calculatrices digitales. Du déchiffrage des formules mathématiques par la machine même dans la conception du programme (1954).
- On a family of Turing machines and the related programming language (1964).
- Alcune proprietà delle forme normali nel K calcolo.
- Automatic Synthesis of typed Lambda-programs on Term Algebras.
- Functional Programming and Combinatory algebras.
Honors and awards
- Recipient of the 2001 EATCS Award for a distinguished career in theoretical computer science.