Updated: 12/29/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Dabbala (Rej) Rajagopal Reddy
Born: June 13, 1937, in Katur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Indian American computer scientist.
- One of the early pioneers in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- He and his colleagues created several historic demonstrations of spoken language systems, e.g., voice control of a robot, large vocabulary connected speech recognition, speaker independent speech recognition, and unrestricted vocabulary dictation.
Honors and awards
- First person of Asian origin to receive the ACM Turing Award for his work in the field of artificial intelligence (1994).
- IEEE James L. Flanagan Speech and Audio Processing Award, "for leadership and pioneering contributions to speech recognition, natural language understanding, and machine intelligence." (2008).