Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Daniel Paul Friedman
- American computer scientist and text book author.
- Researches and writes about programming languages.
- Co-introduced the concept of 'hygienic macros'.
- Professor of Computer Science at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, USA.
- Essentials of Programming Languages (2008).
- The Little MLer (1998).
- A Little Java, A Few Patterns (1997).
- The Little Schemer - 4th Edition (1995).
- The Little LISPer, Third Edition (1989).
Honors and awards
- Member of the editorial board of Higher-Order and Symbolic Computation (formerly LISP and Symbolic Computation).