Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Daniel D. McCracken
Born: July 23, 1930, in Hughesville, Judith Basin County, Montana, USA
Death: July 30, 2011 (Age: 81)
- American Computer scientist, pioneer, and programmer.
- Professor of Computer Sciences at the City College of New York, and the author of over two dozen textbooks on computer programming including his A Guide to Fortran Programming.
- His books have been translated into fourteen languages.
- A Guide to Fortran IV Programming (1966).
- A Guide to Cobol Programming (2 ed.) (1970).
- A Simplified Guide to Fortran Programming (1974).
- A Guide to PL/M for Microcomputer Applications (1978).
- A Second Course in Computer Science with Pascal (1986).
- Learning GEL By Example (1992).
Honors and awards
- Inducted as a Fellow of ACM (1994).
- Received the Norbert Weiner Award for Social and Professional Responsibility from Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (1989).
- Honorary member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.