Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: David Elieser Deutsch
Born: 1953 in Haifa, Israel
- British physicist at the University of Oxford. Known for the Church-Turing-Deutsch principle, Deutsch-Jozsa algorithm, Quantum logic gate, Quantum circuit, Quantum error correction, Qubit field theory, and Quantum constructor theory.
- Pioneered the field of quantum computation by being the first person to formulate a description for a quantum Turing machine, as well as an algorithm designed to run on a quantum computer.
- The Fabric of Reality (1997).
- The Beginning of Infinity (2011).
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Dirac Prize of the Institute of Physics (1998).
- Edge of Computation Science Prize (2005).