Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: David Litchfield
- British computer security expert and database authority.
- Developing an open source tool called the Forensic Examiner's Database Scalpel (F.E.D.S).
- Founded Cerberus Information Security (acquired by @stake in July 2000).
- The Oracle Hacker's Handbook: Hacking and Defending Oracle (2008).
- The Database Hacker's Handbook: Defending Database Servers (2005).
- The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes (2004).
- Zero-Day Exploit:: Countdown to Darkness (2004).
- SQL Server Security (2003).
Honors and awards
- Named "Entrepreneur of the Year" at the South London Business Awards (2008).
- Voted "The World's Best Bug Hunter" by Information Security Magazine (2003).
"Someone can come in off the Internet over the Web without a user ID or password and interact with the back-end database server, so it goes through all the firewalls. This is critical."