Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: David Franklin Noble
Born: July 22, 1945, in New York City, USA
Death: December 27, 2010 (Age: 65)
- Historian, Author and former professor of Social and Political Thought at York University.
- Critical historian of technology, science, and education.
- Known for his work on the social history of automation.
- Beyond the Promised Land: The Movement and the Myth (Provocations) (2005).
- The Religion of Technology; The Divinity of Man and the Spirit of Invention (1997).
- Progress Without People; New Technology, Unemployment, and the Message of Resistance (1995).
- Forces of Production: A Social History of Industrial Automation (1984).
- America by Design: Science, Technology, and the Rise of Corporate Capitalism (1977).