Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: David P. Reed
Born: January 31, 1952
- Known for his work with computer networking, TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Multiversion concurrency control.
- Credited for Reed's law, his belief that the utility of large networks, particularly social networks, can scale exponentially with the size of the network.
- One of six principal architects of the Croquet project at MIT.
- Residential Fiber Optic Networks: An Engineering and Economic Analysis (Artech House Telecommunications Library (1992).
- End-to-end arguments in system design (1984).