Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Dennis C. Hayes
Born: 1950 in Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA
- Invented the PC Modem
- Founder of Hayes Microcomputer Products, a company that makes modems.
- Known for creating the Hayes AT command set, used in most modems produced to this day.
- Founder and Co Chair of the Public Policy Committee of CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association.
Honors and awards
- One of four initial inductees into Georgia's Technology Hall of Fame.
- Hayes Microcomputer Products ranked # 4 (1983) & # 9 (1984) on the Inc. Magazine List of the 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
- Chairman of the Association of Online Professionals, which merged with the US Internet Industry Association.